Book a House Concert with Muriel Anderson. There are two options, private or public:
1. Private House Concert
A house concert is a chance to experience music in a warm and intimate environment. It’s when you open up your home and invite your friends into your living room to share in a performance by favorite musicians. It’s a chance to meet the performers and is also a great social evening of friends and neighbors.
Hosting a house concert is rewarding and fairly easy to do. If she/they are touring in your area with an open day, that might be the perfect time to plan such an event.
The host sets up chairs and prepares refreshments for intermission or after the concert. The artists also have the opportunity to sell CDs at this time, or the host can chose to purchase CDs in advance for his/her guests.
The cost for a private house concert ranges from $500 (when performer is in the area) to $1500, plus travel expense if any.
2. Public House Concert
A public house concert can be set up when there are no other concerts in the immediate region. You invite your friends and the artist’s fans to share in a live performance in your home . The audience members are invited to give a donation to help cover costs. Recommended donation is usually about $25, but may vary regionally. Advance reservations may be made on Muriel’s website. Your address is only given to the people who make a reservation, so you will know how many will be attending. There is a small guarantee from the host for the performers, and all of the proceeds go to the performers less the amount to cover refreshments, chair rental, or other expenses.
- Contact your family and friends in your area. Tell them you are hosting a house concert. You may mail invitations, post some flyers or find other ways to get the word out. Poster/flyer templates are downloadable.
- We’ll send out an email to fans and post it on the website. We can also take prepaid reservations online.
- Rent some folding chairs if needed
- Prepare refreshments and beverages for intermission or after the show, or alternately, you can advertise it as a pot-luck house concert.
- Recommended donation can be determined by the number of seats available. If the room only seats 30, the recommended donation will be higher than if the room seats 80.
Ready to set one up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org