Listen to clips of each song below. Acoustic Chef is a CD/book of delicious, easy, and unique recipes from around the world with stories and music to go with each. For music lovers, travel buffs and foodies alike. The CD on inside cover also attaches to the front of the book, to complete the artwork.
Now- Free shipping for Europe! Orders within Europe will be mailed immediately and will have shipping fees refunded within 48 hours.
I’m joined by great musicians from each country represented in the book, including Tuvan throat singers, Lulo Reinhardt (Django’s Grandson), Zoltán Baranyi on gypsy fiddle, Rory Hoffman on accordion, Lee Nourtsis on bouzouki with string quartet. Great fun!
(All music composed by Muriel except “Under Paris Skies,” “Tater Patch Medley,” and “Dance for Muriel.” Music excerpts below recipes.)
Please let us know your thoughts at our FB Page
Mummu’s Kukumber Pikkles
Rosemary Roasted Roots
Salmon in Boats
Muriel’s Marvelous Asparagus
Crepes de Blé Noir
Leo’s Sherry Mushroom Nudeln
Bluefish a la Muriel
Bluefish a la Bryan
Nisu Finnish Coffee Bread
Tuvan Lamb Dumplings
Quiche Yin Yang
Baklava (with Love)
Coconut Amaretto Nests
- Paprika (by Muriel Anderson) With Zoltán Baranyi on gypsy fiddle, Rory Hoffman on accordion, Muriel on Doolin harp guitar
- A Fine Pickle (by Muriel Anderson) With Roland Barber on tuba, trombone, trumpet and sax, Muriel on Klein steel-string guitar *
- Ammirabile Waltz (by Muriel Anderson) With Rory Hoffman on accordion, Danny Gottlieb on drums, Charlie Chadwick on bass, Muriel on Tierra Negra flamenco guitar
- Tuvan Horseman (by Muriel Anderson) With Bady-Dorzhu Ondar, Ayan-ool Sam, and Ayan Shirizhik on vocals and traditional instruments. Lyrics by Alash. Muriel on Charles McCormick harp guitar *
- Tater Patch Medley (Traditional tunes Tater Patch, June Apple, and Sally Goodin) With Michael Cleveland on fiddle, Jack Pearson on clawhammer banjo, Mike Bub on bass, Muriel on Martin D35 guitar *
- The Old Man and the Sea (by Muriel Anderson) With Danny Gottlieb on drums, Raul Ramirez on congas, Charlie Chadwick on bass
- The Immigrant (by Muriel Anderson) With Rory Hoffman on accordion, Muriel on Klein steel-string guitar
- Prelude to a New Morning (by Muriel Anderson) With Elisabeth Small and Karen Winkelmann on violin, Betsy Lamb on viola, Anthony LaMarchina on cello, Muriel on Klein steel-string guitar *
- El León (by Muriel Anderson) With Leo Henrichs and Raughi Ebert on flamenco guitar and palmas, Luis Gallo joins on palmas, Muriel on Tierra Negra model flamenco guitar ***
- Dance for Muriel (by Jorge Morel © Cheska Music, 2001 ASCAP) Muriel on Banchetti classical guitar **
- Orizzonte di Cristallo (by Muriel Anderson) With Alberto Lombardi on 2nd guitar, Victor Wooten on bass, Tom Shinness on cello, Danny Gottlieb and Beth Gottlieb on percussion, Muriel on Klein steel-string guitar and vocals LYRICS
- Sous le Ciel De Paris “Under Paris Skies”(by Hubert Giraud and Jean Dréjac) With Lulo Reinhardt on gypsy jazz guitar, Rory Hoffman on accordion, Muriel on vocals & Doolin 20-string harp guitar
- Mansikka (Trad Finnish tune, arrangement by Muriel Anderson) Muriel on Doolin 20-string harp guitar and vocals, with sisters Marguerite Re and Liisa McMahon, Kasha Breau and Senni Eskelinen on kantele
- JS Baklava (by Muriel Anderson) With Lee Nourtsis on bouzouki, Elisabeth Small and Karen Winkelmann on violin, Betsy Lamb on viola, Anthony LaMarchina on cello, Beth Gottlieb on percussion, Muriel on Doolin harp guitar
Music by Muriel Anderson © 2019 Heartstrings Attached Music, BMI. All rights reserved. Recorded in Nashville TN. Mixed by Muriel Anderson and Brad Cole. *Recorded at The Colemine, Brad Cole, engineer. **Mixed by Kim Person. ***Mixed by Raughi Ebert. Mastered by John Mayfield. Recorded on Dirk Brauner and Sony microphones.
Thank you to sous-chefs Bryan Allen, Andrea Anderson, Marguerite Re, Liisa McMahon, Vivian Fabbro Keenan, Eszter & Tom Lumen, Leo Henrichs, Jorge Morel, Grazia Ammirabile, Flavia Brandoni, Eric Pasquet, Alash, Carol Gal, Mary Kravec, Adam Johnson, Jeff Scheer, Tom Hankinson, Rob Taylor, Annabel Chiarelli, Pamela Hardy, and Anne Roos.
I gravitate to cooking that lends itself to experimentation and variations. Cooking, art and music, all of these encourage inventiveness and exploration. This book and the accompanying CD are reflective of my live shows, bringing you with me on a virtual tour around the world. With friends and fellow musicians, the amazing meals and music we have shared, often in far-flung places, are treasured memories. I hope to give you a taste of these adventures. I’d love to hear your experiences too.