Fresh Chanterelle Pasta with Lemon-Cream Brown Butter
This recipe comes from the folks at Wooldridge Creek Winery in the Applegate Valley of Oregon. It certainly qualifies under the ‘Taste’ and ‘Time’ criteria. As for nutrition, this looks ‘richer’ than it is – a little goes a long way. Using whole wheat pasta deals stays away from refined flour and I sometimes substitute goat yogurt for heavy cream.
- 3/4 lb of pasta
- 12 oz fresh chanterelle mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 8 oz. heavy cream (substitute whole milk or goat yogurt)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt olive oil and butter in skillet on medium heat.
- Sauté mushrooms for 8-10 minutes.
- Add cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and reserve.
- Cook pasta until al dente
- Toss pasta with sauce over low heat.
- Cover and let stand for 1 to 2 minutes.