Here is a nice one from Anne Roos to warm the chilly days at home in Nashville, I add some chives as I still have some from the garden that have survived the winter freeze.
- a bunch of leeks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 small white turnips
- 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- chives (optional)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cut the green tops off the leeks, wash well, and slice.
- Braise the leeks in butter until soft and set aside.
- Peel and quarter the white turnips.
- Simmer leeks and turnips in chicken stock until soft, for about 20 minutes.
- Puree everything together in a blender.
- Add plain yogurt or sour cream and chives (optional)
- Season with salt and pepper, reheat and serve.